Demystifying: Salesforce Anywhere
Before we start talking, lets watch this amazing demo video.
Salesforce Anywhere was announced at TDX20, it’s a huge addition to the Core platform, and surely is a much-needed feature, especially in times, when remote working is a new normal for most of us. To me it feels like a combination of several powerful collaboration apps into one, like
- Slack / Microsoft Teams styled collaboration with rooms/channels, emojis, but it’s very much contextual, with your Salesforce data, and much more.
- Contextual Chat, not just plain text chat, but Video/Voice calls, and screen sharing but in the context of your Salesforce data.
- Quip/Google Docs styled collaboration on a single record with the ability to comment and discuss specific parts of a record.
- IT Support anywhere, with the ability to remotely troubleshoot issues.
- The best part is to let the user and Salesforce business data stay inside Salesforce, and avoid complex integrations with external chat/business collaboration apps.
In this post, we will explore various key highlights, which we know so far, and until we get a hands-on experience of the real app. Picture below gives a quick overview of what to expect on a high level, there are so many interesting and minute details to observe.
Salesforce Anywhere Highlights
For remote team collaboration, including external clients/stakeholders. This comes bundled with voice/video calls, text chat in the context of a given record. This integrated Native real-time chat and video is powered by Amazon Chime. Optional Zoom offering as an out-of-the-box integration. This is quite cool, as it probably opens the option to use your existing Zoom licenses in Salesforce.
#2 Mobile App
A brand new mobile app, which looks quite fluid and refreshing from the various screenshots and videos we saw so far. It seems to be offering chat, video calls, slack-style channels, and emoji support, along with alerts on record subscriptions.
#3 In Context – Specific Collaboration
How awesome it will be to see who is working on which part of record, with an ability to comment and chat on a specific field of a record is a huge benefit, just like Quip and Google Docs.
#4 Anywhere Support
With Salesforce’s new partnership and investments in Tanium, brings big value add to employee service management. Checkout following pictures for a good insight:
Perform required fixes from Service cloud, on a single computer or multiple ones, with ability to schedule fixes, or do it immediately.
Using Tanium, customers on both ends will be able to:
- Reliably manage IT assets.
- Proactively remediate incidents.
- Gives IT teams visibility and control of employee devices and services on their network.
- A service dashboard for IT managers to view all their assets, configurations, and employee incidents in one central location.
- The ability for IT to build workflows using the Salesforce platform to further automate common tasks.
- Use Einstien/AI to automate further with intelligence.
Sign up for Beta Now!
Anywhere App will be GA in Q4’2020. It’s available in beta starting July. Sign up here for the beta: https://www.salesforce.com/products/platform/features/salesforce-anywhere/
Set up Salesforce Anywhere in Sandbox
All good details are available in the following Quip doc: https://quip.com/gG6vANba9bta/Set-up-Salesforce-Anywhere-in-Sandbox
Questions/Issues – discuss here: https://trailblazers.salesforce.com/_ui/core/chatter/groups/GroupProfilePage?g=0F93A000000LovY
- Salesforce Anywhere product listing.
- Salesforce & Tanium partnership announcement
- Salesforce Anywhere demo video
- Salesforce Anywhere Press release
- Salesforce Anywhere Beta Signups
- TrailheaDX demos of Salesforce Anywhere and other products
- Set up Salesforce Anywhere in Sandbox
- Community Group for Salesforce Anywhere
- Amazon Chime SDK to power video for new Salesforce Anywhere application